Senior Legal Transformation Advisor (m/f/d)
At smartvokat, we assist clients in optimising their legal service delivery powered by state-of-the-art digital process management applications. We strive to be at the forefront of realising the untapped potential of making digital transformation accessible to all stakeholders. As a member of smartvokat, you’ll work in a multi-disciplinary team of lawyers, management consultants, user-experience designers and legal technologists who apply a cross-disciplinary approach to legal, compliance and regulatory processes.
We are looking for new team members who share our passion for challenging the status quo of legal service delivery and embrace the opportunity of creating a new legal user experience. You have 5 to 8 years experience in designing and managing legal innovation or legal tech projects. Your outstanding project management and communication skills assist you in exploring unchartered territory with multiple stakeholders. Combining legal content, people, and technology excites you.
As a geographically dispersed and virtual team, we are looking for team players with a passion for early-stage companies. You will substantively contribute to building our advisory solution stack as we scale and help growing our client base. Your presence will make a difference to both our solutions portfolio and the company.
What we are looking for:
- A law degree or equivalent, ideally combined with a tech or business education.
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to direct and management multiple project streams.
- Experience with Agile project management methodologies and systems, such as Jira and Miro.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the facilitating multi-stakeholder environments.
- A sound understanding of working with, building and optimising processes and technology in the legal sector, particularly for legal operations.
- Ability to independently translate complex legal and regulatory content into comprehensive process maps and frameworks.
- Creativity and open mindset coupled with a hands-on attitude.
- Contribution of own ideas, accountability and a strong team player.
- Ability to lead a small team.
- A strong intercultural competence.
- Fluent in English and German.
- Willingness to occasionally travel to clients in Germany and other European countries.
- You are based in Germany.
How you can contribute:
Our primary advisory focus is on advising clients on legal service delivery portfolios, in particular the underlying processes and their digital enablement. We deliver end-to-end solutions from the conceptual phase to the actual technical implementation and maintenance of our two portfolios: smartvokat Workflows and Legal Service Delivery by ServiceNow (extended by our own additional pre-configured legal workflows branded as “Inspiring Legal” under our Joint Venture).
- You will, as a senior team member, lead and manage complex legal transformation implementation projects involving client legal operations staff and own colleagues (lawyers, technologists, UX designers).
- Depending on the project requirements, you may act as a subject matter expert translating legal content (e.g., legal requirements, compliance policies) into new legal service delivery processes, together with multiple stakeholders, and devise the corresponding process maps and frameworks.
- You will independently prepare and conduct workshops and training on legal operations topics, such as legal service portfolio management and legal project management.
What we offer:
- A team of entrepreneurial-minded colleagues who are on a mission.
- A flat hierarchy with lots of opportunities to develop and own your space.
- Mentorship and exposure to ground-breaking projects in the legal industry.
- Working in a virtual international environment and still be part of an agile and highly collaborative environment.
- Autonomous nature of working remotely and integrating work in your life (not the other way round).
- Several perks designed for your well-being and a healthy work-life balance.
Please be advised that enquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted. Only direct applicants will be considered. The same goes for enquiries from development agencies or outsourcing firms—please do not contact us.